With a simple set of useful controls, a single master volume, and 50 or 100 watts of clean headroom, the Pearl head is an incredibly versatile amplifier designed to lay a rich tonal foundation for every type of guitarist. Whether it's being used at bedroom volumes or on a large stage, the Pearl excels in every setting. Musicians using effect pedals to achieve an overdriven tone will be amazed at how the Pearl’s clean, all-tube hand wired circuit can bring new life to the drive pedals in their rig. Musicians using time-based or modulation effects will also find that the Pearl’s tube powered effects loop creates a great platform for effects they prefer to keep completely clean.
The Port City Pearl features:
- Interactive Treble, Middle, and Bass controls
- Bright Switch for more high-end frequency tone shaping
- JJ ECC83 - Preamp
- JJ ECC81 - Effects Loop
- JJ ECC83 - Phase Inverter
- TAD matched 6L6 (x2 in 50W, x4 in 100W)
- JJ GZ34 Rectifier (100 Watt is rectified with silicon diodes)
- USA Heyboer Transformers
- Tube Buffered Effects Loop
- 120V/240V Voltage Selector
- Weight: 26 lbs (50W) // 31 lbs (100W)
- 20"W // 10.5"H //8.25"D
- 2, 4, and 8 ohm impedance selector (4, 8, and 16 ohm on 100 Watt version)
The Pearl head ships with a proprietary 2-foot Kimber speaker cable.
The Pearl Owner's Manual can be found HERE.